Monday 19 November 2018

Game Diary 19/11/18 Patches, Tombs and Cores!

I'm in the full flow of Winter, there are games coming out left, right and centre which means once popular long wait games on my rental list are now short or in stock. I capitalised on this by renting the finale in the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy; Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
I did enjoy the game, but I wasn't that impressed with the revisions they've made since Rise of the Tomb Raider, which for me, is the magnum opus of the trilogy. Shadow is a stiff game, it forces stealth in a kinda boring way. Apart from the mud mechanic, you almost never get to stay up in the trees, at least not in the main story missions.
The Tombs were fun and the graphics are amazing but the game was egging me to complete generic side quests too much, I preferred all the exploration elements of previous entries and the metroidvania like elements of obtaining new pieces of equipment to explore previous areas. Shadows does do this, but backtracking is explicitly optional.

In other news, Black Ops 4 has had it's second biggest update and if Charlie Intel is anything to go by there's another big update on the horizon. I'm getting very into Black Ops 4 despite it's shortcomings and balancing issues that still need tweaking (Titan has had two nerfs and is still a beast) I'm gelling more into the maps now as well, familiarity breeds content I suppose? I've been abusing Jungle on Domination to help me rank up my sniper rifles.
The SMG buff was a long time coming, perhaps the MOG can get a buff too? It really could use a 1 to 2 metre consistent one shot kill potential, the pellet spread is pathetic too so you have to be really accurate with your shots. I generally find you have to strike a head with the shotgun to get a one shot kill but oddly at times, you'll get the one shot kill randomly on someone who is way out in your two shot kill range, from full life. And the damage profile of the MOG is really strange, some of those one to two metre shots leave enemies at between one and five HP. That's just cheap as hell.

Lastly, I've received my next rental game; Recored. It had some massive flack when it came out but it's supposedly been patched up to snuff, or so the patch notes state so I wonder what my experience of it will be like.
I probably won't get a chance to play the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2 or Battlefield 5 till sometime next year but of course, what I'm waiting most eagerly for is Resident Evil 2 remake. I am so excited for it, I'll probably not receive it till February some time but I'll have a slew of speedruns to watch to keep me sated, I'm hoping Carcinogen gets straight on some runs because he is by far my favourite Resident Evil speedrunner and just general Youtube personality.

Well, I'm off to boot up Recore and tonight I'll be back on the COD grinding out those guns.

Have a nice evening everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment